Thursday, May 14, 2009

While he worked, I walked

And bought a few things along the way.

Fabric from the Purl Bee. A couple of goodies from one of my favorite artists Rob Ryan. And banks for the kids from the MOMA gift shop.

Last week I tagged along with my husband to NYC. Four evenings away from the kids! He worked the whole time but it felt like a vacation to me. We were able to spend some wonderful time together here and there like spur of the moment cocktails at 10:30pm and lying in bed reading the paper and having a coffee in the middle of the day, but I also truly enjoyed the time to myself. It was our first time away from the kids together- and we survived. And they survived and had a wonderful time with Nana and Papa. We will have to do it again soon when Clete can relax and enjoy himself.

No comments: